Thursday, May 19, 2005

the Panda call

So I got a call this morning after chugging down the milk/cereal broth at the bottom of my daily bowl of Honeynut Cherios. The caller ID was local but I didn't recognize the number. Since no one EVER calls me this early I immediately though it was someone finally calling back for a job.
I thought maybe I should say something professional when I answered the phone like 'This is Brian, can I help you?' But since I had only been awake for ~10 minutes I answered the phone with something a little more like "duuuh, hello?"

A woman answered, "Hello, is this Brian?"

"duuuh..... yes"

"This is Panda (yes her name is Panda) from the yadda yadda Temp Agency calling.....are you still looking for work?

I guessed right! Of course my enthusiam to get a job returned to me and I tried to salvage my phone persona by giving an enthusiastic "yes mam!"

She then began describing the job. The words consulting Firm and Power-Point presentation where dropped and immediately I began to loose interest. In no way would this job be in my field and its basically a step sideways from making webpages. Power point presentations are basically webpages on a slideshow. I've never used the product but I really have had no desire to learn it. I am sure I could figure it all out in a day and produce something that looks professional. I actually told her that I wasn't trained to do it nor was I really interested since it doesn't have anything to do with 3D art. At the time I thought it the job sounded terrible but now I am thinking that I am an idiot! Its work that I can do on the side and get new contacts and skills. Sure the contacts might mean squat and I could care less about gaining these skills but if I don't get a second job soon I will have to start flipping burgers. Its only for a month.... surely I can survive it.

During the course of this blog entry my view about this job opportunity has done a 180 and now I think I need to call her back. Thanks blogger.com for talking sense into me, hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home