Monday, January 17, 2005

Double wammy

Apparently someone hates me today. Last night I was getting ready to start working on my 3d project at home and my computer started to make some really ugly noises. Having heard this noise before I realized this was a very bad thing, especially since everything had immediately froze. I rebooted and opened my box to check where the sound was coming from, and it was as I feared..... my primary hard drive. So basically that means no more computer until it is fixed. Well luckily there is a guy next door from my office that can fix these kinds of things no sweat.... BUT I checked in and his assistant told me he would not be in until probably Wednesday. OH NOES! I hope I don't go crazy and jump off the 6th Avenue bridge by then.
And to add a real pain to my torture, I have been having the worst back pain in my entire life lately. My usual snap-crackle-pop methods of fixing my back are not working at all. Its excruciating, but I am the kind of person who just rides it out until it passes because I am either to lazy to do something about it, or just don't want to sound like a wimp and ask for help. It was bound to happen eventually. I have the worst posture ever. My office chair is so low and bent back that the whole chair can fit under my desk. Sometimes when I sit in it I am completely laid out with my shoulders and neck on the back rest, with my hands over my head to type and click. No one else can ever sit in it without making adjustments. My car seat is also laid back, and I hunch all of the time. That is what you would call a BAD habit!
I can't really bitch though.. It could have been much worse. I was able to sleep in until 2:30 Sunday. Not because I was wiped out from the trip to Memphis on Saturday, but just because I wanted to stay in bed. Since my computer was broken, I was able to get to sleep early enough to wake up on time this morning. I need to pull 8 hr days Monday-Wednesday to make up for taking Thursday and Friday off. I don't really want to take it off, but I have to. Some server maintenance guys are going to be at the office taking up my desk space. Hopefully by then, my computer will be ready to roll and I can work on my project or just play games. I can't imagine having a 4 day weekend without my computer! I might actually have to go to the gym or hang out with real people, or (dun dun duuuuuuun!) READ! I read a little last night before bed.

note: I am not a reader. I prefer games and movies over books. I would watch the worse movie ever made before I would read the best book ever written. I do plenty of reading online with all of the forums, chatrooms, game text, blogs, ect that I visit daily. It may be the butured version of the English language, but I could care less about that.

The Memphis trip was about as fun as a 40k tournement could get. All 3 games were enjoyable and the carpool was a hoot too, even though everyone inside was twice my age. It kinda made me want to get back into it and I am even considering starting a new GW game called Gothic (space fleet combat). It has also given me new motivation to work on my project, although that might die out before I get my computer back.

Anywho, it's time to start the work day. There is plenty to do. ttyl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home