Tuesday, June 07, 2005

California- take 2

Lately it has been a bit of a roller coaster as far as my plans for the future. First I wanted to move to California and live with my friend there to look for a job in my field. A few local jobs came to my attention so I put that off. Then those fell through and now I am thinking about school. At first I just wanted to take some basic general education classes at the local community college but that's just not good enough. If I am going to go to school then I need to have a goal. What I need is a Bachelors degree to improve on my Associates. I know that the schools here are not worth the money and the job market is thin and not quite what I want. Its obvious that if I stay here I wont be going in the direction that I really want, and currently I am just going NOWHERE!

I need to do it. I need to make these hard decisions and make my move. I need to go to California, get a bachelors degree in my field, and use my skills to their full potential...

on a less serious note, I can't wait to get out of this office! The roof near my desk literally collapsed over the weekend from the AC that was clogged up and leaking like crazy. The tiles that fell to the floor were so nasty from the stagnant water and animal "leftovers". The smell still overpowers the lysol that is applied to the carpet by coworkers. The tiles that haven't fallen yet are spotted with large brown stains from where the water tried to cause more damage. In one of the fluorescent light fixtures there is a dark yellow pool that reminds me to drink lots of water. And of course the air conditioning unit is now offline until they fix it. WEEE!

BTW, the guy that runs this building is a total Ronald Mc'Asshole. (hehe stole that one from "The longest yard".. good stuff)

1 Comments:

Blogger Purring said...

Do it now dude! Don't sit around and wait!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home