Wednesday, June 22, 2005

college essay #1

What do you expect from a college education? How will it help you reach your life and career goals?

Personally I do not expect the continuance of my college education to be easy. In fact I hope that the instructors and subject material will bring new challenges every day so that I will constantly be learning and doing creative things that I couldn’t do before. I would expect a complete hands-on experience where I would be able to visit the lab to work on my projects even after classes are over. I would also expect the instructors to be competent and experienced in their field of education so that they can answer the constant barrage of questions that I tend to come up with. Ultimately, in the end, I want to be able to walk away from this college with tuned skills and a greater understanding of the game development industry.

Although knowledge and skill are two major components to getting work in the field, there is usually another important asset I would expect to gain from a college that has been in the heartland of the industry for a several years. Connections! I currently do not know anyone on the west coast that could help me find work. Hopefully with the job placement programs and the several clubs that are apart of the Art Institute’s I will have plenty of opportunities to network with all kinds of people.

With the combination of my current Associates Degree in Computer Aided Imaging and Visualization, the experience I gained from working with (removed) in Birmingham Alabama, and then finally a Bachelors Degree in Game Art and Design, I believe I will have the confidence to apply for work with any major game development company or possibly even begin my own production studio. Those would be my main career goals.

Most importantly, I am motivated to relocate to go school because I was born in California. The fact that it is the home to many of the top game development companies when I am so passionate about the industry confirms to me that it is where I belong. So, not only will going to this college help me with my career goals, but it will also be the beginning of my new journey in California.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

university

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home